Saturday, January 23, 2010

Miss Independent

Dane will be home soon and there have been some things I've learned while he's been away. Some of those things are:

  • I learned to tie a tie! After many visits to google on how to do this (and many frustrating Sunday mornings-poor Noah), I am satisfied with my tie-tying skills. Okay, it may not always look the same and it may still take a couple of tries, but it gets done!
  • I changed the A/C filters by myself! I know, super lame and easy but it just seems like something the man should do. Plus, I was (and still am) scared of the dust dropping down and getting on my contacts while I'm looking up so...sorry Dane, that will be your job again soon.
  • I squeegee the windshield whenever I put gas in. This is something I've done before but not for a very, very long time (like since I've been married). Who wants to scrape off dead bug guts? Not I! Plus, it's become increasingly difficult as my belly gets increasingly larger. Another little job I'm happy to give back to Dane!
  • I learned that I can be in two places at the same time! Well, not really, but thanks to good friends I've managed to be a temporary single mom and get my kids where they need to be.
  • I learned to say no. Actually, I learned to just be quiet and take a step back when it comes to my calling. Luckily, I work with amazing women who are very understanding and supportive and willing to pick up where I've had to slack off.

It's been a long 4 1/2 months and I'm soooo ready to have our family back to normal again. I just have to say that I have so much respect for single moms and for my military friends with husbands who leave regularly. Also, thank you to everyone who has been there for me throughout it all. I couldn't have done it without ya!

4 comments:

Lindsay Adams said...

Wow! I can't tie a tie. Will have to have you teach me.

Cassie said...

I may not be the best teacher since I still have to rethink it every Sunday. Seriously, I get it in my hands and look at it for a minute before I know what to do. Sometimes it takes me two tries!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

oooh I am soooo happy fo ryou...single parenthood is for the birds (IF you have the choice) welcome back to family life...when are you moving?

Melanie said...

I'm sooo glad you will be reunited with your hubby...believe me HE NEEDS YOU!!!! It's been fun to have him here and I'll be honest I'm kind of tearing up because he's the only family we've had and it's been nice. I'm really going to miss him, but super excited for you to move on with the next chapter in your life.