This week (and my refrigerator), has been filled with an overabundance of strawberries! I have made them for the boys' teachers, for a dinner party we went to last night and for friends who were giving them to their spouses. It has been a "berry" busy week! I should give props to my sister, Denise, who is the one with all the culinary talent in the family. She sells them beautifully packaged during v-day and mother's day and she does really well for a couple days worth of work. I was lucky enough to be around one year to help her out and so I was able to learn all her techniques. So thanks sis, I get lots of compliments because of you! Don't worry though, I almost always give you credit!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day!
As you all know, I love food. I love eating it, but I especially love creating with it! I even love cleaning up my mess afterwards as long as I have some good tunes on to sing along to. I've always cooked and cleaned with my ipod and earbuds on, which makes it hard for me to hear what's going on with the boys. Plus, Dane always has a good laugh when he walks in the kitchen and finds me dancing around without knowing he's there. So it was a very sweet surprise that for V-day my valentine got me an ipod portable speaker system that I've been wanting for quite some time. I'm not one of those girls that gushes over flowers and chocolates because I would rather have something that lasts. Don't get me wrong, flowers are lovely and chocolate is divine, but I'm a little more practical and I love that Dane figured that out about me long ago.
This week (and my refrigerator), has been filled with an overabundance of strawberries! I have made them for the boys' teachers, for a dinner party we went to last night and for friends who were giving them to their spouses. It has been a "berry" busy week! I should give props to my sister, Denise, who is the one with all the culinary talent in the family. She sells them beautifully packaged during v-day and mother's day and she does really well for a couple days worth of work. I was lucky enough to be around one year to help her out and so I was able to learn all her techniques. So thanks sis, I get lots of compliments because of you! Don't worry though, I almost always give you credit!

These are the berries I made for my friends...I found these super cute boxes at Target, but wish they were bigger so I could fit more in there.
This was at our ward dinner party where they asked like 8 sisters to decorate a table however we wanted. We just had to go with the Valentine's Day theme and it was up to us from there. I decided to get butcher paper and crayons to make it a little more fun and casual. I found the heart shaped plates and then put a huge tuxedo strawberry on it. Some of the other tables were fancier with china and real silver, but I really liked mine. I had fun with it!
This week (and my refrigerator), has been filled with an overabundance of strawberries! I have made them for the boys' teachers, for a dinner party we went to last night and for friends who were giving them to their spouses. It has been a "berry" busy week! I should give props to my sister, Denise, who is the one with all the culinary talent in the family. She sells them beautifully packaged during v-day and mother's day and she does really well for a couple days worth of work. I was lucky enough to be around one year to help her out and so I was able to learn all her techniques. So thanks sis, I get lots of compliments because of you! Don't worry though, I almost always give you credit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed! Those look absolutely delicious. You put the rest of us to shame. Well, we hope all is going good with you guys! Take care!
Did you save the butcher paper drawings for your scrapbook?! Thanks for the yummy strawberries!
Wow! You have to teach me how to make those... Seriously, you are so gourmet! You need a candy business:) Sorry I haven't called you back yet. Everytime I get on the phone my kids start fighting and then I can't hear anything.
Post a Comment