Friday, January 30, 2009

The Busy Bee

When I started this blog, I had really good intentions of doing at least a weekly update, but life has been busy lately. Which you think would give me more reasons to post more often letting everyone know what we're up to, but it's the thought that counts, right? So between soccer taking up 3 days of the week along with my YW calling, my much needed Girls Nights and of course Cub Scouts, you might wonder if it's too much-no way! I really do love having things to keep us busy, despite the fact that sometimes I use those girls nights to vent about the craziness of it all. I would much rather have something to do every day than have the boys sitting around complaining that they're bored or playing videogames round the clock. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having those quiet nights where we can just pop some popcorn and watch a good movie or catch up on the tivo that's all filled up...but hey, that's why the kiddos have 8:00 bedtime!

So Noah's pack had their Pinewood Derby Race on Wednesday along with 2 other wards. It was way fun to see all the boys so excited to show off their cars and start the race. Luckily, Noah is not competitive b/c his car was kinda sad looking. Dane is not into the whole thing the way some dads are with all their little tools and tips to "guarantee" a winner. Last year Noah's very simple car took 2nd so I don't know if it's worth all the extra effort and time to have a masterpiece creation...but I'm a girl, what do I know? Anyway, he did win one of his 3 races so he was happy about that. He also received his Wolf patch and one gold and two silver arrow points so overall, it was a good night.
These guys are all on the same soccer team-Go Lions!
Let the race begin!

Sorry for the blurry picture...can you pick the saddest car of the bunch?

2 comments:

Lindsay Adams said...

I know--hasn't life just got insanely busy lately?! Glad, the kids are on the same soccer team otherwise I wouldn't get to see you as often. :)

Melanie and Ernie said...

Those cars are 10x better than any car I ever made.