Friday, December 5, 2008

Sound the Feasting Horn!

I love the holidays! I don't know what else to start with except that statement. Everything about the holidays brings a smile to my face. The excitement from the kids, the memories from holidays past, making new memories with our family and friends, the decorations, the colors and of course, the food!

We spent this Thanksgiving with some good friends and had a great time. I am always so grateful for the "family" of friends that we have here in Yuma since we rarely get to spend the holidays with our real families. A couple of days later I made a turkey feast just for us because another thing I love about the holidays-the leftovers!

I just had to throw this one in of our friend, Brandon, because it's the only other person Dane got a picture of.
"I'm staaarving! All I've eaten today is a bowl of ceeereal!"

The table was so festive!

Tuxedo Brownie Cups

I was in charge of making all the desserts for our Thanksgiving dinner at the Griffith's and these are just a few of them. There was a special request for my pumpkin rolls and a homemade lemon meringue pie with at least 6" of meringue. I think I got it to about 4".

This is the Thanksgiving dinner I made just for us. Noah is so excited to chow down and yes, that's Ethan crying because we told him it was time to come and eat. Poor kid!






2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hey guys! I love seeing your boys. They are so cute! And so big! Guess who just showed up at my parents house tonight? Ha'Unga and Sulia!!! They were visiting her sister and stopped by. They have 5 kids, but their first passed away, as we already know, and their baby has the same thing, in the hospital. So they have 2 boys, and a girl that came. Man, I wish I was there. That would have been so fun. My sister told me all about it. They went by and visited them also. :) I love it. Anyway, they still live in Cali. doing construction. I miss those guys! I'll email you their phone number. And Johnny and Linda Wulah had a baby I think in October.They had tried this whole time, and finally it happened. Yeah for them. Anyway, that's the update. :) miss you

Melanie and Ernie said...

A kid that cries when it's time to eat...he can't be a Sorensen.