Well, I finally decided it was time to start a blog! Dane made one for our family but kept changing it and eventually gave up on it. He made a new one, but I'd rather have my own to try and maintain. This way if I slack off and don't update it, I have no one to blame but myself. So hopefully this will be a great way to keep our friends and family up to speed with what's going on with us.
So here's a summary for those that we haven't been in touch with for a while. We have been in Yuma, AZ for 3 1/2 years now and can honestly say that we've grown to love it. The church is so strong here and our ward family is amazing. The unity I feel within our ward is such a comfort since we have no family around.
I am currently serving as the 1st counselor in the Young Women's Presidency and loving every minute of it! We have an awesome group of girls and it is such a pleasure to serve them and learn from them as well. I am fortunate enough to be able to attend our Stake Institute class and it is so nice to feel like I am doing something worthwhile for myself while the boys are in school. I have an amazing group of girlfriends here that definitely keep me busy. We try to have a weekly girls night to keep ourselves sane! Oh yeah, and then there's all the mom stuff I do. You know, cook, maid, shopper, chaeuffer, mediator, accountant, laundress, nurse, etc. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!
Dane is busy with that crazy Border Patrol schedule. He's a hard worker and I admire him for that. He has recently purchased a mountain bike which he is enjoying taking out and finding new trails in the area to explore. He is a great dad and loves taking the boys to ride bikes or to catch bugs or play soccer. He also likes to tell them about any adventures from work and they love to hear about dad's cool job!
Noah is going to be 9 in a few weeks (I can't believe I have a 9 year old!) and he is the sensible one in our family. He is busy with cub scouts and soccer. His team this season is really good and they are 2nd place in the league. He is a great student and loves to learn and like his mom, has developed a love for reading.
Ethan turned 5 last month and goes to pre-school 2 days a week and loves it! (So do I!) He is such a charmer and we have a hard time being serious with him when he turns it on. He goes through phases with food and right now is a very picky eater, which is tough since he's skin and bones! He loves babies and is a big helper whenever I watch my friends' kids. He also loves animals and keeps bugging us for a dog (and a baby...) to which we say no to both.
Wow, this is pretty long and I was really hoping to keep it short. I'll try my best to post as many pictures as often as I can so check back often!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the pie looks good, hope to see you soon
Hi Cassie! Nice blog! Blogging is pretty fun--especially when you have friends and family doing it too!
Post a Comment