Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello Again

I know it's been way too long since I've posted anything here and I won't get into excuses or make any promises to be better about blogging, but I'll just say that this is what's going on with us now. At first I thought about trying to catch up since I last posted in AZ and pregnant (almost 2 years ago), but it just seemed too overwhelming so I'm starting over.


Once again I didn't get a Christmas newsletter out, so this will have to do (although most of us follow each other on FB so we already know what's going on). Lots has happened in the last few months but these are the ones worth mentioning.


In October Ethan turned 8, started attending cub scouts (which he loves) and was baptized shortly after. It was exciting and I followed my friends example (thanks Lindsay) by teaching about baptism in FHE lessons for a few weeks before. There were some tears when he didn't know the answer to some things (classic Ethan) and shock/fear that he would have to be interviewed by the Bishop. But eventually we were able to ease his mind about it and let him know this was a decision he had to make. He was excited and eager and it ended up being such a great experience for him. He has a good heart and really is a sweet boy and I'm grateful he is in our family, despite what I may say when you catch me in the wrong mood.


Noah turned 12 in December, received the Aaronic Priesthood and now attends Young Men's. He was the first of his group of 11 yr old friends to move on from Primary and they have teased him as "betraying them" but I'm glad he can be an example to them. He recently told me "YM is so much cooler than cub scouts" after he was invited to an activity where they had pizza and watched a hockey game followed by some quality xbox bonding time. Noah also just got contact lenses so he's ditched the glasses. For some reason, he looks so much more grown-up to me without the glasses and now I'm worried. He's a great kid and I look forward to seeing how he maneuvers his way through adolescence.


Livi is going to be 2 in April but it seems like we've been dealing with the terrible twos for a while. She truly is the little princess here and it sometimes feels like we are all her loyal servants. I love spending the days with her, just us gals, and as she grows she becomes more like my little friend then the baby I used to carry around all day. She is still a little hellion at times but we love her anyway! Just as I had hoped, she loves anything princess, or sparkly or pink. I know this can change but for now, I love that she's a girly-girl! She is spoiled rotten by my family, especially my mom but I let it slide since we won't be living near family forever. She is the only granddaughter/niece on my side after all. She's a snuggler and we love her best when she's in her jammies with messy hair cuddled up giving us lots of kisses.


Here are some pictures of the latest happenings and hopefully I will do this more often :)



The only decent picture we got of Ethan on his baptism day. He's with his best bud, Porter.

She's just too cute!

Noah got a skateboard for his 12th bday and he's eager to learn from his dad.

Christmas morning before church-the boys couldn't wait. Yes, Livi has a sucker at 7:30 a.m.

Stocking treats-that's IBC root beer people ;)

Christmas afternoon at my grandma's. Livi took over one of my cousins' sons presents.

San Antonio Riverwalk-Look closely and you'll see Noah & Ethan.

The Riverwalk was all lit up & festive. It was so fun to enjoy that with the kids! It didn't hurt that Livi fell asleep in the stroller!

Thanks to our dear friends, the Shipley family (and their free passes), we were able to go to SeaWorld! It was so much fun, especially since we got to enjoy it with them!

Still having fun at SeaWorld!

I've realized I don't get nearly enough pictures of my kids so I took the camera to church yesterday. Livi looked especially cute and Ethan was loving on her lots, but Noah was nowhere to be found. He's too cool for us now that he's in Young Men's.


1 comment:

Lindsay Adams said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts. Still can't believe ethan is 8. I still remember him in diapers!